Sunday, November 11, 2012

Book Review: Firelight by Sophie Jordan.

Firelight (Firelight, #1)Firelight by Sophie Jordan.
Book Summary:
A hidden truth.
 

Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.
Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki, a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

Liana's Summary: Jacinda is a draki, descendant of dragons. She is reckless and yearns for freedom. One day, she meets Will- a hunter that hunts her kind. He's dangerous, she knows. But she can't help but be attracted to him. When fate brings them together a second time, they start to get to know each other, and Will can find something out about Jacinda- something that's dangerous- something that he shouldn't know.

Rate(1-10): 9

I've been wanting to read this book for a LONG LONG time. (I think I'm going through the phase of reading books I've been wanting to read for a LONG LONG time. Yay!) Anyways, it was great. It was freaking awesome. I totally loved the idea and everything. I love fire-breathers, which makes everything awesome. And better, the romance was perf.
So, the protagonist is going through both Internal and External conflict. She's really strong and persistent, but sometimes you can't help but be annoyed at her sometimes. Anyways, her internal conflict is what she wants- she can't decide. Her external conflict is her mother and sister. She's trying to consider them, but they just think the total opposite. They want her to get rid of her inner draki and live as a normal human- just like them. But she doesn't want to. That's what I like about her, because she kept hanging on no matter how much hardships she went through to do it. If she forgot about her inner draki I would be ranting right now about how she's the worst protagonist ever. 
So, in the first paragraph, I indicated that I loved the romance. Okay, there are different types of romance.
1- Love at first sight.
2-Hate each other at first, Love each other later.
3- Overboard I-just-want-to-have-sex romance.
4-Awkward romance. Annoying attraction towards each other.
5- Too forward romance.
6- Friends at first, lovers later.

That's not even all, but that's all I'm listing right now.
In this case, it was 1 and a little bit of 5. Not that much of 5 that I got annoyed, though. I mean, I don't really like love-at-first-sights, but this was kind of different. Because they have this awkward inexplicable attraction towards each other that causes them to have love at first sight. You know? Anyways, it was JUST RIGHT. Liana approves.
Okay, I know that this is a love triangle. But I don't see who in their right minds would love Cassian. (Unless I'm wrong and he turns uber-hot-and-nice-and-reasonable-and-lovable in book 2 and 3. I SHALL SEE. Even if Cassian is an awesome name.. But for now I'm sticking to Team Will. WILL! I love that name because of Infernal Devices. LOLOL. WILL.

I finished this book in 4 hours. This is what I love about Sunday mornings. I have time to read a WHOLE book. So like, yeah. I finished in one sitting. 
Anyways, I already downloaded the ebooks to book 2 and 3. Will be reading it later. Here, I'll share too. The files are EPUB.

Book 1: Firelight. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=AN6TJ6XG
Book 2: Vanish. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=LBTNEG3C
Book 3: Hidden. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=3PAYB34X
Interesting titles, right! I love epubbud. Epubbud is my main ebook source. omg. Okay, I suppose it's time for quotes! I have a few.

"I'm hit."


"A shutter falls over his eyes,.."
Idiottttttttt. This is the part where you get annoyed with the main character.

"Look," he grumbles, "his eyes angry. Defensive. "I just wanted to see where you live."
Stalker!
"Then he kisses me. I'm too weak to resist."
She's 'too weak.'
"Not Cassian. I don't need Cassian to rescue me."
No sirree.

"He can't be here."


"She beats a fist against her thigh.."
Brat. omg.

"You were like burning firelight.."
I suddenly get the title. That awesome moment when you understand the title!

"A hunter in love with his prey.."


"Stop! Stop it!"
What annoys me is that she can't do anything about it but yell stop.
---------

And that, is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!