Sunday, November 11, 2012

Book Review: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan.

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan.
Heroes of Olympus #1
Book Summary: Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly? Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out. Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god.

Rate(1-10): 10

Of course I expected no less from Rick Riordan. I've already read enough of his books to know how fabulous he and his writing is.

So, this book has three main characters.

Jason- He's alright, I guess. He didn't really show how he really was because he didn't have his memory the whole time and all.
Piper- Dang, this girl. She's such a tomboy I can't even. I like her! She's awesome.
Leo- This boy. Is. Amazing. He is hothothothothot and his humor ohmygoodness I'm dying

Well, first off, you can't read this series without reading the Percy Jackson series. Unless you are very persistent- then you would have to collect the bits and pieces and put them all together. In this book, Percy is gone. GONE. GONEEEEEEE. If you didn't read Percy Jackson then you wouldn't realize how significant his disappearance is. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. POOR PERCY OMG I CAN'T CONTROL MY EMOTIONS THE CLIFFHANGER AT THE END OF THIS BOOK HOW MANY TIMES CAN I THANK THE LORD FOR HAVING THE NEXT BOOK READY

Alright, the author does a really really really good job of foreshadowing. RIDICULOUSLY good. I was a bit curious about which goddess was going to claim Piper at first, but then when I got to know her better, it became evident. I couldn't really predict Jason though. Mainly because he lost his memory and all. I'm hoping to know him better in book 2.

I am SO looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Son of Neptune and Mark of Athena next to me, ready to be read. But like, I'm not going to touch them yet. Saving the adventures for later. (;

I can't control my emotions. Percy Annabeth Percy Annabeth Annabeth Percy THEY CAN'T BE SEPARATED AFTER ALL THEY'VE BEEN THROUGH

Quotes!

"Save her!"
Yeah. Drop everything and SAVE HER!

"You're a faun.""Satyr!"

Someone's offended..

"A guy named Percy Jackson."


MY PERCY

"Your mom is a rainbow goddess?"
You say that like it's a bad thing.

"Is my hair on fire?"
I LOVE LEO ALREADY OK

"Charles Beckendorf."


"Suffering? I love suffering! Let's do this!"
image

"Leo was in love."


"..and smack her."
One does not simply smack Greek goddesses okay

"Dang, that girl was fine."
image

"Then Torque picked up a truck and threw it at him."
#RANDOM

"That's what she said."
image

"My friends call me Your Highness."
No way.

"Hephaestus?"
image

"What is Roman?"


"I can smell your fear."


INHAAAAAALE THE FEAR

"..you tried to eat a stapler when you were two!"
Lu-di-crous.
----------------
And that is all! What did you think of this review? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!