Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Review: Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, # 2) Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
Book Summary: Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.

Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

Liana's Summary: It's been a few weeks since Lena's sixteenth birthday. They've been counting down, ever since they met, and before, too. Lena's been dreading it. Would she turn dark, or light? But when it's time, things turn into a special occasion. Lena has to be claimed at age 17 instead. What will she do? Macon told her once to claim herself. So that's what she'll try to do. Ethan is confused and lost and hurt when Lena starts to pull away- and he doesn't know why. With the help of Link and Liv, Ethan tries to make things right-- or at least find out what's happening.

Rate(1-10): 8.5

Well, let me thank +Cindy for lending me her book so I could read it. THANKS CINDY. I DIDN'T RUIN YOUR BOOK. YAY. I TOOK FOREVER THOUGH.

To be honest, I only read this book for the sake of reading it. LOL. If that makes any sense at all. So, recently, as y'all know (or not), the movie for Beautiful Creatures just recently came out, and of course I watched it. I wasn't satisfied with a few things but I will not elaborate further because this is not a movie review blog. Ha. Anyways, as much as I hate to admit, if I didn't watch the movie then I would have been completely and totally lost in reading this book.
Some say that this book is better than book 1, but in my opinion, they're the same. Still pretty good though. I just feel like the only difference is that the authors added a lot more concepts into this book. I find it pretty cool how Kami and Margaret are co-writers. So awesome. Ermahgerd.

Can I just say, I'm glad that Ethan narrates? I really disliked Lena in this book, something I never thought I would do, based on the first book. Lena is starting to scare and annoy the crap out of me. PLEASE LENA JUST GO AWAY NOW AND LET ETHAN BE HIS MORTAL SELF AND LET HIM HANG OUT WITH HIS NEW MORTAL FRIEND

Ridley. She scares me. Really, really really really really scares me. So does John. Link is annoying. Liv is pretty cool. Just another version of Hermione Granger. (; I think I'm done..

Quotes!

"Which made me hate him."


Oh-kay.

"I have a lot of experience, you know."



"Good-bye, Ethan."



"There are always choices, Macon."



"Why do you say 'no offense' when you're trying to offend me?"


I should say this more often. LOL.

"..and leaned down.."



"I pulled away so fast,.."



"My mom was the girl in the visions."



"Liv was gone."



"Macon's face."


ERMAHGERD
"It was decided."

------------------
And that's that. What did you think of this review? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!