Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman.

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) Where She Went by Gayle Forman.
(If I Stay #2) 
Book Summary: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


Liana's Summary: Adam and Mia have been separated for 3 whole years. They've both changed. They think that they'll never see each other ever again, but, that thought is contradicted when the two cross paths one night, explaining things, starting things over. Making new changes.

Rate(1-10): 7.5

This is the sequel to If I Stay, which I read 2 years ago, not to mention forgetting some of the details. Honestly, that wasn't even the best book ever. I felt like falling asleep on some parts, but I guess that's just me discovering that Contemporary books aren't my thing.

Since in If I Stay, Mia was in a freakin' coma, and she was the one narrating, I didn't get to know her that well from another person's point of view. One of the things I like about this book is that Adam is narrating, instead of Mia. So we can see Mia from his point of view.

Adam. Well, this is interesting, ain't it? In If I Stay, he seemed like a totally different guy. Or maybe I don't remember that well. He smokes now, gets angered at the smallest things, yells at people, and throws tantrums. He's a rock star rising to fame, and yet when the paparazzi comes he loses his composure and that sort of affects his stardom a little.

Mia, on the other hand, didn't change as much, if I'm allowed to say. Honestly, I don't know. From what I collected together about her in the first book, she was like that in the second book.

This was seriously a quick read. Finished in a few hours in one sitting. The story revolved around one or two days.

When I finished the first book, I was just like, "UGH NO I'M NOT READING ANY MORE GAYLE FORMAN," but I seemed to change my mind, since I was told the second book was better than the first, which is somewhat true... But, more accurately, I think they're both Gayle Forman style. I grudgingly opened this book and was faced with satisfaction. I like how Forman explained the stuff from If I Stay and made everything right again.

Quotes!

"I pull a cigarette from my pocket.."


Oh gosh, Adam! What happened to you?!

"..so butterflies scared me."


Butterflies scare me too

"I need a cigarette."


No you don't you just want one

"Because I hated you."


That escalated quickly..
------------
That's that.
What did you think of this review?(;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!