Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.
Book Summary: Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours.

But Evie's about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Liana's Summary: Evie has always wanted to be normal. She tries to consider herself normal. But she's surrounded by paranormal creatures. And she can see through glamours. Her best friend is a mermaid, and her one true love is a shape-shifter. Her ex is a faerie. When things get as normal as they can get, they start to backtrack and things become weird, and scary. What should she do about it?

Rate(1-10): 8.5

So yeah, I was planning to save this book for later but since I had an ARC of the third book lying around, I decided, hey, maybe I should read the first book.. now. And so I read it.

So, this book. I've been wanting to read this for quite a while, although I didn't know what to expect just by looking at the title and the cover. About paranormal creatures? A girl that's a paranormal creature? Fair enough. What I mainly care about is:

-Captivating synopsis
-pretty cover (I know I know gosh)
-Interesting title
-ROMANCE.

And let's just say this book had them all.

What I didn't like was the main character. Evie's great and all but I just can't stand her. Mainly because she reminds me of myself. Naive, indecisive, and some other traits that I'm not proud of possessing. 

Let's say that the romance is perfect, and Lend is so hot?

So she's sorta like a cop (not really) that works for the IPCA, an industry or company or whatever they are that keeps paranormals in control. I like how Evie's a tough girl and all, but I dislike the fact that vampires aren't dangerous bloodsuckers but easy conversationalists and portrayed to be a bit too weak in my point of view (maybe I watch too much Vampire Diaries) and I also dislike the fact that there are paranormals EVERYWHERE. Because I don't really like the paranormal genre too much. 

But yeah, it was good. I liked it. 

Quotes.

"...cute even,"



I smell anticipation and foreshadowing reading these two words


"...he liked me, too!"




Paranormals are dying and she's seeing creepy things in her dreams and Reth is still chasing her and oh hey HE LIKED ME, TOO!


"And I want to show that world to you."




I CAN SHOW YOU THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD


"Evelyn is mine. You are irrelevant."



Reth's arrogance is annoying
this is bad
really bad
really really bad

"I really, really, really liked the feeling of my hand in his."



We get it.


"You should leave, though."



Let me guess, I WON'T LEAVE WITHOUT YOU? LOL.
-----------------------
That's that.
What did you think of this review?(:

1 comment:

  1. Lend was cute! I liked all the different creatures in this book :) and the humor was fun. Evie was a nice character.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!