Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Author Interview: Lauren Oliver, Author of The Delirium Trilogy and Before I Fall.


Delirium (Delirium, #1)Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Requiem (Delirium, #3)Delirium Stories: Hana, Ann...Before I Fall
Hey everyone, just did an author interview with Lauren Oliver! She's one of my favorite authors and she totally made my day with her reply.


Are you and Lena, Delirium's main character, alike in any way?

We are actually quite different superficially. She is very shy and obedient; I am neither of those things. But I share many of her fears and anxieties and insecurities, for sure. As an author, you need to relate to your main characters.

Do you have any idea when the first episode of the Delirium TV show is going to be released? 

I'm not sure, but everything goes up on my blog as soon as I know! lauren-oliver.tumblr.com 

Do you like to read a specific genre? 

No, I try to read as broadly as possible! 

Are you writing anything right now?

I'm currently working on my first book for adults called Rooms. I also have a new YA book coming out next year called PANIC which I"m very excited about. 

What was your inspiration for Before I Fall?

Before I Fall was largely based on my highschool experiences. I started hearing Sam's voice in my head, and I just had to start writing it down! 

How long did it take to write the entire Delirium Trilogy?

Each book took about eight months to write, so about three years all told! 

Do you write an outline before you start writing a new book?

I write about 20,000 words, and then I force myself to do a detailed outline.
------------
Thanks to Lauren for her time and for gracing us with her presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!