Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Review: Uprising by Jessica Therrien. (Children of the Gods #2)

Uprising (Children of the Gods #2)Uprising by Jessica Therrien.
(Children of the Gods #2)
Book Summary: Elyse has done everything she can to protect her friends from The Council's reach. As long as they believe she's dead, she has time to rest and train for war. And war is inevitable. 

When Kara arrives with the news that Anna and Chloe have been captured, Elyse is faced with the realization that no one is safe until The Council is stopped and Christoph is destroyed. She doesn't need a prophecy to tell her to lead an army. Christoph has done the one thing that ensures she'll fight to the death. He's threatened the people she loves. 

It will take more than the words of an oracle to help them fight against the most powerful Descendant alive. To break The Council's oppression and rise up against a plot so many years in the making, Elyse will need to get dangerously close to her enemy. So close, in fact, she may not survive.

Liana's Summary: War. It's time for war, and nothing Elyse does can stop it from happening. When Elyse finds out that her friends, Anna and Chloe, have been captured and are in danger, Elyse refuses to let anything happen to them. She knows that no one can be safe unless Christoph is dead. Elyse needs to get closer to her enemy-- so close that she herself, and perhaps the people she loves, may not survive.

Rate(1-10): 9

First of all, let me thank Jessica for sending me an eARC of this book! I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, Opression, and I liked Uprising so much more-- mainly because there's more action, and the plot seems to be faster paced. The romance is the same though, and I can't and won't say that's a bad thing. 

I kind of forgot a lot of things from the first book, since I read it a long time ago. But with Jessica Therrien's writing, it's not hard to remember all the characters. 

At first, I thought the romance was a bit spontaneous, but as William and Elyse got to interact more I felt like their love for each other developed.

If you haven't read Oppression, probably none of that made sense. LOL. Check out my review for it.


That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!