Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book Review: The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. (Heir Chronicles #2)

The Wizard Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #2)The Wizard Heir by Cinda Willaims Chima.
(Heir Chronicles #2)
Book Summary: Sixteen-year-old Seph McCauley has spent the past three years getting kicked out of one exclusive private school after another. And it's not his attitude that's the problem: it's the trail of magical accidents - lately, disasters - that follow in his wake. Seph is a wizard, orphaned and untrained, and his powers are escalating out of control.

After causing a tragic fire at an after-hours party, Seph is sent to the Havens, a secluded boys' school on the coast of Maine. Gregory Leicester, the headmaster, promises to train Seph in magic and initiate him into his mysterious order of wizards. But Seph's enthusiasm dampens when he learns that training comes at a steep cost, and that Leicester plans to use his students' powers to serve his own mysterious agenda.

Liana's Summary: Seph is a wizard, always getting trouble everywhere. When Seph is sent to the Havens, he is welcomed by Gregory Leicester-- but he knows it's not just a welcome. Leicester has something to do-- and he's going to use Seph to do it. Until Seph agrees, Leicester will make his time there an utter nightmare.

Rate(1-10): 4

I know that is such a low rating. The lowest rating I've given in a while, actually, since Daughter of Smoke and Bone.. I just found myself zoning out even when I was paying attention. The plot pacing wasn't agreeing with my reading habits.

Well, I took forever on this book, and maybe it's due to my procrastination, or due to the fact that the plot is just not engaging at all. That's it, I'm not going to continue with the series. I skimmed the last quarter of this book. Like, literally, just kept flipping the pages so fast like it was an effort to fan myself.

At first, after I read the first book, I thought that this series was going to be one of those series in which the story starts to get better after the first book. But actually, not really. For those of you who've read my reviews for James Patterson's WITCH AND WIZARD series, you know how much I despise his writing style. Somehow, I can't help but think Cinda Williams Chima is just the lady version of JP. Just no. I mean, I like the whole general setting of the story, I like how there are wizards, warriors, and enchanters and all, but I guess it's just not really my type of story.

Seph is a good main character though, although I couldn't help but be annoyed at him in a few parts of this book. 

Gorgeous covers though, LOL.

That's really all I have to say. You might love this series, or you might hate it.

Quotes..

"Eighteen," 


Lol loser

"You have a face like a god..."

So awks how would she know what a god looks like

"Seph had only seen his guardian two or three times."
What kind of guardian is that

"By next year, you'll know all you need to know."

All he 'needs' to know

"You are required to link your Weirstone to mine."



"It was so normal."


omg Seph just stfu already

"Oh, all right, Jack. I'll kiss you. But just this once."

LOLOL I CAN'T

"You shine like a house lit up for a party."
SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND
-----------------
That's really it.. what did you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!