Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Book Review: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.
Book Summary: Sybella's duty as Death's assassin in 15th-century France forces her return home to the personal hell that she had finally escaped. Love and romance, history and magic, vengeance and salvation converge in this thrilling sequel to Grave Mercy.

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. The convent views Sybella, naturally skilled in the arts of both death and seduction, as one of their most dangerous weapons. But those assassin's skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?


Liana's Summary: Sybella finds herself back at home, the last place that she'd ever wanted to be, in order to serve Death as his assassin. When her task goes horrifically wrong, Sybella stumbles into the clutches of love, vengeance, and salvation.

Rate(1-10): 9


LaFevers writes with what only can be described as amazing grace. No it does not have anything to do with the song She writes very descriptively and a reader can just conjure images into his or her head.

At first, the plot was a bit slow and it didn't really help that the text was ridiculously small-- however, just a little later in the book, it started to get really interesting! So I'd definitely vote for the latter half of this story.

This is, I confirm for many curious readers, better than the first book. So if you've read Grave Mercy and are hesitant to read Dark Triumph, I'd say go for it. If you haven't read GM, then go read it!

One thing I liked about this book was the romance. In the first book, between Ismae and Duval, the romance was a little bit too slow for my comfort. I just can't. However, I can't really say who Sybella, whom this story is about, falls in love with because that would just be spoiling. 

Another thing that I adored was that the plot was VERY, VERY organized and it just connected very well with a lot of things. Like there were a bunch of scattered dots on a plane and LaFevers just took a pencil and connected all those dots for us to create a picture-- in this case, Sybella and Ismae's story.

I think I actually liked everything about this book except for the uncomfortably small text that made me sigh in laziness and the slow beginning! 

So, for those who haven't read Grave Mercy, once again, I highly recommend that you do!

I can't wait to read the third, and I think last, book of this series.


Quotes!

"You are mine."


Back off, incest boy

"A kiss," he begs, "to prove that you are not angry with me."



omg Julian you know what just stop

"..I hate being parted from you.."



I told you stop

"I've never met a lady who enjoys her work as much as I enjoy mine."




Is this where it all starts LOL
I hope this is a pickup line

"I knew that you would miss me."


This is why I love him

"The shriveled, withered bit of gristle that lives where my heart used to be has managed to fall in love with him."


-screech- akjfkjdakjldkafj eheeeeheheheheehe YAY SYBELLA

"..his lips find mine.."




"I want, more than anything, to keep that hand in mine and never let it go."





"You love me?"





"D'Albret discerns my intent just in time."



DIE ALREADY YOU MOTHERF--

"...for I was born with the birth cord wrapped twice around my neck and did not die."



omg my Bio teacher LOL.

"..and plunge it into his belly,.."



it's about time

"Seize her!"



oh my god why

"Do not let go,..."



AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT OF JACK EFFING DAWSON
--------------
That's it! What did you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!