Sunday, May 12, 2013

Book Review: Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris. (Unraveling #2)

Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris.
(Unraveling #2)
Book Summary: Four months after Ben disappeared through the portal to his home universe, Janelle believes she’ll never see him again. Her world is still devastated, but life is finally starting to resume some kind of normalcy. Until Interverse Agent Taylor Barclay shows up. Somebody from an alternate universe is running a human trafficking ring, kidnapping people and selling them on different Earths—and Ben is the prime suspect. Now his family has been imprisoned and will be executed if Ben doesn’t turn himself over within five days.

And when Janelle learns that someone she cares about—someone from her own world—has become one of the missing, she knows that she has to help Barclay, regardless of the danger. Now Janelle has five days to track down the real culprit. Five days to locate the missing people before they’re lost forever. Five days to reunite with the boy who stole her heart. But as the clues begin to add up, Janelle realizes that she’s in way over her head—and that she may not have known Ben as well as she thought. Can she uncover the truth before everyone she cares about is killed?


Liana's Summary: Janelle still remembers the look on Ben's face when he told her that he loved her. She still remembers the way he said he would come back for her. She's still waiting. She doesn't hear from Ben, and she doesn't hear anything about him at all until Taylor Barclay shows up on her doorstep begging her for help-- and the whole thing has to do with the one and only boy she fell in love with.

Rate(1-10): 9

I think, that after reading the ending of Unraveling, many readers would want to read Unbreakable. Me? I'm one of those readers, LOL. (Bet you didn't expect that.)

I'm loving this series so far, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. 

So, this whole multiverse thing is really cool, and I think Unraveling is the only book that I've read with a multiverse.. SO FAR. 

Well, if you haven't read Unraveling, don't read this review, and if you'd like to, then please read my review for Unraveling first. Because if you don't then I don't think this review would make much sense.

When I cracked open this book, I think my initial thought was GET ON WITH THE PLOT ALREADY! Mainly because my definition of 'plot' happening is Ben coming in and kissing Janelle to death and then taking her to live happily ever after. But of course, things don't just happen like that. The romance between Ben and Janelle is still there, definitely, but somehow I think that little misunderstanding there got a little weird. Also, Janelle was fairly annoying in this book. I just couldn't help but roll my eyes at her..

Elizabeth Norris is a very good writer and she's got this plot very well organized.. except she made us wait FOREVER for Ben to come in! So many false alarms.. Really, I have nothing else to say! Except-- if there's any reason to read this book, it's Barclay! Man, I love that guy now! All I really had to say about Norris's writing style and characters and plot twists were included in the review for the first book.

Let's go on to the quotes..

"The wavy hair, the dark eyes, the self-conscious half smile."


OH
MY
GOD


"This guy isn't my Ben at all."


Wow merde


"It's Cecily."



-gasp- -choke- -gasp-


"Because they've found us."



This is just like series of unfortunate events


"Because I see him."



Can I just scream now


"..is a girl."



Aw Ben don't be a manwhore


"We can't be together."


Janelle's such a cockblock


"..fix whatever is broken between us."



that you broke -cough cough-


"Janelle, you're my home."




AWWW THIS IS SO CUTE I CAN'T
---------

That's it! What do you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!