Thursday, June 13, 2013

Book Review: Mystic City by Theo Lawrence.

Mystic City (Mystic City, #1)Mystic City by Theo Lawrence.
Book Summary: Aria Rose, youngest scion of one of Mystic City's two ruling rival families, finds herself betrothed to Thomas Foster, the son of her parents' sworn enemies. The union of the two will end the generations-long political feud—and unite all those living in the Aeries, the privileged upper reaches of the city, against the banished mystics who dwell below in the Depths. But Aria doesn't remember falling in love with Thomas; in fact, she wakes one day with huge gaps in her memory. And she can't conceive why her parents would have agreed to unite with the Fosters in the first place. Only when Aria meets Hunter, a gorgeous rebel mystic from the Depths, does she start to have glimmers of recollection—and to understand that he holds the key to unlocking her past. The choices she makes can save or doom the city—including herself. 

Liana's Summary: Aria Rose has been told that she overdosed on Stic, causing herself to lose her memories. She's been told that she loves Thomas Foster, so why doesn't she feel any spark of recognition? When she meets Hunter, her memories start to resurface.. just a bit. 

Rate(1-10): 8

Well, when I read the very first page, I wanted so bad to dislike this book because I just couldn't stand the cliche characters. I felt like it was going to be a cliche story and plot, too, but oh boy, was I wrong. At first, I didn't like the way that Theo Lawrence wrote this, at first, I thought that he was just using a stereotypical 'girl' as his main character. That made me uncomfortable. But hell yeah, does Aria (our main character, btw) have some depth! I still don't really like her though.. 

The plot is well-organized. Those twists, I just can't.. They were all really creatively planned, I have to say.

I liked:
-The plot
-The cover (So gorg)
-The whole general idea with the mystics and everything
-The romance..? It was pretty cute.

I didn't like:
-How easy it was to guess things. I mean, come on, Theo! Let us be shocked and don't go so easy on our foreshadowing skills! So obvious..
-How clueless Aria was. Well, maybe that's just me. I don't like her. Then again, I dislike many characters.

That ending was such a cliffhanger. I think I want to read the next book. Really bad now.

Quotes


"I like him."


Oh ok


"Step on up, sweetheart."


Hey that's hot LOL


"I don't love him."


Yes you do!


"I think I hear Hunter say You're gorgeous under his breath, but his eyes are.."



Not sure what to think about this but for now I'll just AWWW it


"I'm not sure I can keep a secret this big from them."


Oh my goodness why is she so naive and vain


"Have a little faith."


OH MY GOD THAT WAS IN THE CITY OF BONES TRAILER I'M FANGIRLING SO HARD


"Just kiss me."



OH OK


"Aria! It's not what it looks like,"



HELL YEAH IT IS


"Until I decide, best to keep it to myself."



WHy is she so NAivE
she's so facepalm worthy

"I don't love you,"


Good


"Or were the letters just another part of.."



NO WHY IS SHE SO NAIVE SOMEONE KILL HER NOW DANGIT


"..but awfully embarrassing."



She's worried about being embarrassed? Aria makes me angry..


"I loved you that first time I saw you."


Aw, that's cute..


"And then I notice the gun in her hand."



OH MY G--


"It seems to happen in slow motion:.."


THAT STARTER IS NEVER GOOD
-------------------------------

All I have to say is, I think this would be an awesome movie.

That's it! What do you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!