Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Review: Anew by Chelsea Fine.

Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)Anew by Chelsea Fine.
Book Summary: Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice. 

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer. 

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.


Liana's Summary: Scarlet woke up in a forest, alone and cleansed of all her memories. All she knows is her age, and her name. For two years, she managed to live her life in Avalon, almost normally. Or, at least, as normal as a girl with amnesia can get. But when she meets Gabriel Archer, she knows something's up. Why did he seem so familiar..? When she meets Tristan Archer, Gabriel's twin brother, she's completely sure that something is up. As things begin to make more and more sense, and less and less sense-- simultaneously, Scarlet finds out she's about to die. Again.

Rate(1-10): 8

Well, thank you Emily for giving this book to me for my birthday last year. It's beenmonths and I finally picked it up. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't pick it up earlier. This. Was. A really good book, actually.

Let me just take a moment to appreciate the cover. The cover is gorg. Okay, cover appreciation time over.

So, the plot circles around Scarlet Jacobs, who woke up in the middle of the forest, not knowing anything at all except for her name and her age. Two years pass, and she meets the hot Gabriel Archer, who seems all too familiar, but she still doesn't remember. And then she meets his twin brother, Tristan, who is also ridiculously familiar. And things start to elevate from there.

At first, I have to say that I thought this book was some cliche-plotted, annoying-main-character-who-gets-caught-in-supernatural-concepts story. I was kind of right. But I was kind of wrong, too, because the plot ended up being really enjoyable.

This story just went by in a blur. In a good way. I just kept turning, turning, and turning the pages.

I officially hate the ending of this book. Why must authors torture us with cliffhangers? I need the next one.. Soon.

I've gotten some really annoying characters in the past few books I'd read. Compared to them, Scarlet wasn't really that bad at all. But she's one of those.. annoying, rebellious, tell-me-everything-because-i-deserve-to-know-everything types. So be forewarned.

Now. Gabriel and Tristan Archer. They are H O T. I think Chelsea Fine really captured the definition of fictional hot guy. (Just not as well as some other authors.)

I just can't get over how the book ended like that! I just-- ugh.

Anyways, you might like it, you might not! No one knows unless you try it!

Quotes

"Her name was Scarlet Jacobs.
And she was fifteen years old.
Aside from that, she remembered nothing."



Oh, isn't this going to get interesting



"Not to mention that his voice was heavenly."



ha. hahahahha. OKAY THEN



"She was crazy about Gabriel."




WE ALL KNOW



"And I'll probably start by plucking out your very manly eyebrows! So, be warned!"




oH MY gOD DID SHE JUST



"Guns are for losers,"




the montague boys say otherwise
-----------------------
That's it! What did you think of this review?(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!