Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Book Review: Champion by Marie Lu (Legend #3)

Champion (Legend, #3)
Champion by Marie Lu (Legend #3)
Book Summary: The explosive finale to Marie Lu’s New York Times bestselling LEGEND trilogy—perfect for fans of THE HUNGER GAMES and DIVERGENT!

He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion? 

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.


Liana's Summary: Day and June haven't spoken to each other in months. Both are too proud to bother the other first, and therefore, silence, no matter how much they miss each other. But when Day receives a message saying that his Princeps Elect requests his presence, he goes, and finds out that the country is in grave danger, and someone very important to him will be at risk to save it.

Rate(1-10): 10




As I scrolled through the Goodreads reviews for this one, I saw that there were a lot of mixed reviews. Usually, I don't read other reviews prior to typing my own, because someone else's opinion can easily persuade me to change my initial one. 

BUT GUESS WHAT?! MY FEELS ARE STILL THE SAME TOWARDS THIS BOOK. 

This. Fucking. Book.

Beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

This book was amazingly written and an awesome conclusion to this series that I'd stayed with since the first book came out. I LOVED IT!

There are no words to describe my feels right now. There are a lot. I finally got to revisit Day (he never fails to make me laugh even at the saddest and fatal times *sniffles*) and June and I realized how much I've actually missed these characters, this setting, since Prodigy came out about 10 months ago. That was a very long wait to suffer, and it saddens me that this brings an end to the Legend trilogy and there will not be a f

fourth book, as far as we know. I guess the rest of the story is for us readers, to construct.

The fighting scenes. They kept me on the edge of my seat (figuratively, since I read in bed?!), and wowwowowoowowow. It felt like I was there.


Can I say again, that this was AMAZING and nearly flawless. I literally finished this book in tears. So many feels. Despite how I cried, there couldn't have been a more fitting ending than that one for a dystopian world.


Quotes.. (Despite all the romance detours both of them did, I realize that I was freaking out for no reason because they love each other, and loved ones will always wind up together.)

"I press myself against her, she runs a hand along the back of my neck.."


FUCK NO FUCK NO FUCK NO


"..but when she leans forward and brushes her lips over my own, I close my eyes and let her.."


DAY WHAT THE FUCK


"..I could tilt my face up and accidentally brush my lips against his..."


NO JUNE WHAT THE FUCK


"Why, June," I tease in a low, soft voice, smiling against her ear. "Are you asking me out on a date?"



omfg I love you Day


"He offers me a crooked smile that sends unexpected flutters through my stomach.."


NO JUNE WHAT THE FUCK YOU CAN'T 


"I haven't been very successful at charming anyone lately.."



COME ON


"..He is so close now, close enough that if I were to move even a little, our lips might brush against each other.."



WALK AWAY WALK AWAY WALK AWAY


"Then he touches my chin wit one hand, coaxes me forward, and kisses me.."



UGH SHIT


"..will be tried and executed.."


fuck you, you'll be tried and executed you fucking penis wrinkle


"Day finally finds the buttons on my shirt."



oh


"Maybe everyone in the Republic can be a soldier."



yes


"For the first time in a long time, my agent skills are calling out to me.."



JUST SHOOT HER GODDAMNIT


"Have some faith, sweetheart. The people love me."



brb cryin


"I'll do my best,"



CRYING AGAIN THE FEELS


"I turn in surprise. Who is this?"


YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER


"It's you," he whispers.



it's me


---------
What did you guys think of this review?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Comments really make my day. Don't forget to leave your link below so I can check out your blog as well!